Active Worlds 4 - The browser
Active Worlds manuals
This manual has been realised by El kapinou
• How to move around in Active Worlds using a keyboard and a mouse ?
See also Teleportation.
The arrow keys of your keyboard will move you correspondingly to the gauche, the right, forward or backward.
The keys <-> (minus) and <+> (plus) of the numeric part of your keyboard will move you correspondingly up and down.
All these keys combined with the <SHIFT> key will allow you to pass thru objects (only in virtual worlds where the owner allows visitors to pass thru objects).
All these keys combined with the <CTRL> key will allow you to move at higher speeds.
The icons :
From left to right :
- Display/hide the window worlds list, contacts, search, etc...
- Return to your "home".
- Go one position (teleport) back.
- Go one position (teleport) forward.
- Looking up per click.
- Restore the horizontal view.
- Looking down per click.
- Activate the default camera view (first person view).
- Change to next camera mode.
- Activate mouse navigation (freelock). Click on the mousewheel to cancel mouse navigation.
- Activate air camera mode.
- Activate camera from the back mode.
- Activate face camera mode.
- Activate/deactivate the AFK icon (Away From Keyboard). Not available in tourist or free mode.
- Activate/deactivate the build mode.
This mode makes building easier by for instance displaying all invisible objects and by deactivating collisions.
- Display/hide the voice chat (VOIP).
- Display/hide the WEB contents.
- Make a screencapture of the main 3D window.
The obtained image is automatically saved in jpeg format in the instalation directory of your Active Worlds browser.