How to create a transparency mask for a texture used in Active Worlds
Masks have as function to mask partially a texture to give the texture a transparent (invisible) effect, like some GIF's.
No need for an step by step education here, to remember the following information will already do the trick :
- Take the original texture and duplicate this as base
- The part that you wish to be transparent has to be black
- The part you want to be visible has to be white
- Save in .BMP 1 bit format
- Name the mask the same as your texture, followed by the letter m
- Compress your BMP into a .zip and place it along with your texture in the textures directory of your FTP space for your Active World
- To make the transparent part, open your RWX and at the place of texture mytexture insert texture mytexture mask mytexturem
- If you want to apply this to other objects once it is in your world (for example to an anim), use : create animate mask me mytexture. 1 1 0
To give the same name to the texture and to the mask (followed by the letter m) allows to load automatically with the trigger "create animate mask me"
Tutorials Active Worlds | Textures tutorials